Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default legally sideload paid apps

Several paid and unpaid apps are not compatible with my Sony Z Ultra. However... many like Aviate work just fine when side loaded. I have been using air droid and push bullet to get them on to my phone but that only works with free apps. Is there anyway to extract paid protected APKs I have paid for and OWN LEGALLY?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: legally sideload paid apps

Only if the developer allows you to download the APK from their site (for instance, Gameloft will let you download APKs directly from them if you run into any trouble).

Of course, there are ways to extract paid APKs, but none of them are technically legal, even if you did pay for the app you want to 'backup'.

If you think some app will work with your device, you can contact the developer and let them know, maybe they just need to update their compatibility list or they know of a killer bug you don't know of.
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks.

Yeah the app I mainly want is Photoshop Touch for Phones. Ironically Photoshop express is compatible but it would be great on a phone with such a large screen.

Is the 'tablet' version compatible? Sometimes they restrict these apps by resolution, so maybe it'll show up as available for your device? It's a long shot, but worth the try. In any case, an e-mail to the developer would be the best course of action right now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah neither version is compatible....I bought both for previous devices.