Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App to programatically delete folders

Hi guys:

I have been searching but I couldn't find any app that allows me to delete (either programatically or in an easier way than deleting them one by one) several folders (or the files in them) from my Samsung S3350 (Android 4.1.2). I found Autoremove, but it only works for the Download folder. Before you mention it, no, they are not cache files and a cache cleaner will not be useful for me (I've already have one).

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: App to programatically delete folders

Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered a good 3rd party file manager app like ES File Explorer?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central!
    Thanks B. Diddy.
    Have you considered a good 3rd party file manager app like ES File Explorer?
    I used to use one (I can't remember the name unfortunately) but I'm not sure any file manager can delete several folders in different locations at once. Can it do it? If it does, then I'll download it straight away.

ES File Explorer can delete multiple folders in the same directory. You just have to long-press the first folder to bring up the checkboxes for multi-selection.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ES File Explorer can delete multiple folders in the same directory. You just have to long-press the first folder to bring up the checkboxes for multi-selection.
    These folders are not within the same directory. That's why a file manager is no good in this case...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After scrobbling towards the last results in the store's search results, I found out Folder surveillance here, which does pretty much what I wanted to do. I'm leaving the response here just in case someone wants this feature.
    Thanked by: