Standard Email app loses Gmail to Gmail App: How to stop that?

lightxwave

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Reposting this as it seems has picked up now response and we need help:
New to Android world on my wife's tablet as I'm an iOS user.

Have set up the general email app (Yellow Arrow on Icon) to receive a couple of accounts she uses, one of which is Gmail. However when picking up new mail any messages to the Gmail account momentarily flash into the general eMail app then disappear - only to be found in the Gmail app. This is crazy as my wife definitely doesn't want to have two email apps to check and doesn't want to use the Gmail app ( we have a general aversion to being caught up too much in the Google Universe)!

Is there anyway in which we can stop Gmail stealing the Gmail from the ordinary eMail app so that only the one general Mail app can be used?

The system software Settings do not allow uninstall of the Gmail app. The Disable command does not work (it warns it will affect Data and then asks if we want to install the factory version so it is a kind of closed loop and will not complete the disable action as we have to cancel and not say OK to install the factory one ). Also Force Stop of the GMail app doesn't seem to make any difference either.

I have a sneaking feeling this may have something to do with Sync and that contacts etc are tied up in that - more of the Google universe?! Thanks for any help that can offered.

Running a Tesco Hudl on 4.2.2

Last edited:

lightxwave

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Reposting this as it seems has picked up no response and we need help:
New to Android world on my wife's tablet as I'm an iOS user.

Have set up the general email app (Yellow Arrow on Icon) to receive a couple of accounts she uses, one of which is Gmail. However when picking up new mail any messages to the Gmail account momentarily flash into the general eMail app then disappear - only to be found in the Gmail app. This is crazy as my wife definitely doesn't want to have two email apps to check and doesn't want to use the Gmail app ( we have a general aversion to being caught up too much in the Google Universe)!

Is there anyway in which we can stop Gmail stealing the Gmail from the ordinary eMail app so that only the one general Mail app can be used?

The system software Settings do not allow uninstall of the Gmail app. The Disable command does not work (it warns it will affect Data and then asks if we want to install the factory version so it is a kind of closed loop and will not complete the disable action as we have to cancel and not say OK to install the factory one ). Also Force Stop of the GMail app doesn't seem to make any difference either.

I have a sneaking feeling this may have something to do with Sync and that contacts etc are tied up in that - more of the Google universe?! Thanks for any help that can offered.

Running a Tesco Hudl on 4.2.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome