Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! Monster M7 Storage Issue

So, I bought a Monster M7 tablet (maybe my first mistake?). Apparently it only has 1GB internal but 12GB on SD as standard. I used it for like a week and it's giving me low-memory warnings and not letting me install anything (even Kindle books).

I've gone through multiple times and deleted apps, and I've moved literally every app to the SD card that allows it. However, the internal storage is still giving warning and running very low. The internal storage is basically entirely comprised of no-delete, no-move apps ... not media, downloads, etc. What's worse is that it doesn't allow me to specify where to install new apps, so it always just tells me I don't have enough space.

Here's what the tablet's storage on the main drive looks like.

The too-small-to-see stuff is apps like Google Earth, Google Play Newstand, Maps, YouTube, Twitter, Play Store, Gmail, etc. Nothing I can move or delete.

It's running Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Help! Monster M7 Storage Issue

Welcome to Android Central! That's the unfortunate disadvantage of devices with little internal storage. The only way for you to free up more storage would be to root your device and delete some of the unneeded bloatware (but this can also cause big problems if you inadvertently delete something that's important).

Review this guide and see if the tips help: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

Posted via Android Central App

Actually it is an excellent Android Tablet with 1 g memory and 16 g room. Also Sd card slot for data storage. I too am having memory errors at the moment. Because apps are in the memory area. Need to move over to the 16 gig area to get room back in memory.

Welcome to Android Central! The problem is how the internal storage is partitioned, as described in my previous post. If the device allows you to move an app to the internal SD partition, then it's usually only a portion of the app that can be moved. And not all apps have the ability to be moved either. So the app storage partition can still get filled up fairly quickly.

Hi, did you do the update for the tablet where it increased the internal memory? Just follow the instructions on the the official FAQ on the monster tablet website, it worked for me increased the internal memory to about 13 GB.

Welcome to Android Central! Good find! This is the link: FAQ « My Monster Tablet. It looks like the firmware update reconfigures the internal storage.
    Ms Amethyst likes this.