Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how or where

Where and how do I use the app to ask a question about ematic tablets

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: how or where

Welcome to Android Central! There isn't a separate subforum for Ematic tablets, since they're not that common. But you can ask questions on this subforum. Make sure you tell us the exact model name/number, as well as the Android version you're running (under Settings>About tablet​).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My 8 year old daughter took her birthday money and bought her own eMatic model EGS004-PN..unfortunately it won't charge so I all I know is its jelly bean. Anyways, moving along...my kid, bless her heart, is rough on everything...acer laptop broken, 3ds broken, android cellphone broken....tablet broken. If my husband and I hadn't bought her Minecraft for it I wouldn't even be asking this, because of her victims.

Is it possible to take my old eMatic egl25bl, that's white screened so I think its ice cream and her tablet and switch out the screens. The issue with her's is she crammed the charger in the wrong way and broke the insides of the charging port out..yeah I know...but you can push the power button and the battery screen will come on before turning off. So, my older has a screwed up screen..you can faintly make out android man though only when squeeze it, and her charging port is destroyed.

Anyway, is it possible to take the two and make one? I just really hate it for my kid and my laptop she's using until I can figure something out. Thanks for any help anyone can give. And, no I will never buy another ematic...which hers worked well before she broke it...charging port is soldered directly to it.

B Council

Global Posts
    10,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Unfortunately that is most likely not possible. The screens, although may appear similar in size and shape, likely have different hookups for the components on the inside. You can take the two apart and see what's the problem, but most likely there's nothing you can do short of contact the manufacturer and see what can be done to repair the charging port.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you so much! I had thought about a possibility of switching the charging ports but one has a usb type port and one is round(called some specific type I'm sure please excuse the ignorance). Any advice on fixing the charging port own an Acer Aspire One laptop or direction to search?

Again, thanks for the help. The child just played with everything so long she had to pull them in and turned everyway on her bed with her devices and ruined them.

B Council

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

You might be able to find a video showing how to repair it on YouTube, but you need to know the exact model. Here's what I found: https://www.google.com/search?q=acer...spv=1&ie=UTF-8