Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unknown Wifi Setting?

Anybody know what these settings do and if they could help with my wifi battery drain problem?

Unknown Wifi Setting?-screenshot_2014-03-15-17-13-45.png

What device do you have? It just seems like a switch to turn Wi-Fi on or off. If you don't need Wi-Fi on all the time, you might save a little battery by turning it off. Also review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html

Edit--sorry, when I wrote the above, I actually didn't see the lower part of that image on the AC app. It'd still help to know what device it is.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Unknown Wifi Setting?

Sorry it is the galaxy s3. I just flashed to the newest nightly on cm11. (was on snapshot m3) and i'm still having wifi drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    What device do you have? It just seems like a switch to turn Wi-Fi on or off. If you don't need Wi-Fi on all the time, you might save a little battery by turning it off. Also review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html

Edit--sorry, when I wrote the above, I actually didn't see the lower part of that image on the AC app. It'd still help to know what device it is.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    15,463 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Unknown Wifi Setting?

If you don't have a solid wifi signal, the phone will keep searching for one, and that eats a lot of battery. If you want wifi turned off after a certain amount of time (the picture says after 2 minutes of non-use), just turn it off manually when you're not using it.