- 03-16-2014, 12:23 AM #2
They way I understand it, you can use a kernel that's from the same API level as your ROM and it'll work, it just won't be optimized if it's not for the specific build or base build that your ROM is on. For example, you can use a 4.4 kernel on a device running 4.4.2, but a 4.4 kernel won't work properly (or at all in some cases) on a 4.2.2 ROM, and vice versa, etc.
Edit: For clarification, 4.4 and 4.4.2 are both API level 19.
- 03-16-2014, 12:52 AM #4
- 03-16-2014, 01:14 AM #6"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By chrispher86 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 04-09-2014, 09:45 AM
- By Nuuq in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2014, 10:48 AM
- By effreyj in forum Moto XReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:49 PM
- By Simonna in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 9Last Post: 03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
- By starplayn in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM