Suspicious message in Google Play store

funambolo

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone
New here, not native english speaker, and new to android (thrilling combination, right? :) )
Facing this problem the last few hours: Everytime I try to install an app from Goggle Play Store a strange message-box appears, telling me: "Enjoy your app! If you ever forget your password, we can help restore access to your Google Play Library and purchases. Tap "Continue" to tell us how to contact you".
The apps do download without taping the "Continue" but I don' think this box should appear... (I posted a screenshot as attachment).
I performed 2 scans (with Clean Master and AVG) and nothing suspicious was found.
Plus, I cleared all internet cache and data, in case it was coming from a website, but I keep getting the same message.
I am on a Galaxy s3 mini, not rooted.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, since the last thing I want to do is a factory reset...
Thanx in advance :)

Attachments

• 2014-03-16 13.53.31.png
    2014-03-16 13.53.31.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 15

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone
New here, not native english speaker, and new to android (thrilling combination, right? :) )
Facing this problem the last few hours: Everytime I try to install an app from Goggle Play Store a strange message-box appears, telling me: "Enjoy your app! If you ever forget your password, we can help restore access to your Google Play Library and purchases. Tap "Continue" to tell us how to contact you".
The apps do download without taping the "Continue" but I don' think this box should appear... (I posted a screenshot as attachment).
I performed 2 scans (with Clean Master and AVG) and nothing suspicious was found.
Plus, I cleared all internet cache and data, in case it was coming from a website, but I keep getting the same message.
I am on a Galaxy s3 mini, not rooted.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, since the last thing I want to do is a factory reset...
Thanx in advance :)

Welcome to the forums.
As I recall, this is Google's way of contacting you by some other means if you forget your Gmail password. All they probably want is a secondary email account or a phone number to text you. As I have set this up on my account I haven't seen this in quite some time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just tap Continue, and see what comes up next. It's very unlikely this would trigger any kind of malware.

You could also go to any Google page on your computer browser, click on your avatar at the upper right, then Account. On the right of the screen under "Email & Phone," click Edit, and enter a Recovery Email address, if you don't have one yet.