Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Suspicious message in Google Play store

Hi everyone
    New here, not native english speaker, and new to android (thrilling combination, right? )
    Facing this problem the last few hours: Everytime I try to install an app from Goggle Play Store a strange message-box appears, telling me: "Enjoy your app! If you ever forget your password, we can help restore access to your Google Play Library and purchases. Tap "Continue" to tell us how to contact you".
    The apps do download without taping the "Continue" but I don' think this box should appear... (I posted a screenshot as attachment).
    I performed 2 scans (with Clean Master and AVG) and nothing suspicious was found.
    Plus, I cleared all internet cache and data, in case it was coming from a website, but I keep getting the same message.
    I am on a Galaxy s3 mini, not rooted.
    Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, since the last thing I want to do is a factory reset...
    Thanx in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suspicious message in Google Play store-2014-03-16-13.53.31.png  

Global Posts
    30,554 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Suspicious message in Google Play store

Quote Originally Posted by funambolo View Post
    Hi everyone
    New here, not native english speaker, and new to android (thrilling combination, right? )
    Facing this problem the last few hours: Everytime I try to install an app from Goggle Play Store a strange message-box appears, telling me: "Enjoy your app! If you ever forget your password, we can help restore access to your Google Play Library and purchases. Tap "Continue" to tell us how to contact you".
    The apps do download without taping the "Continue" but I don' think this box should appear... (I posted a screenshot as attachment).
    I performed 2 scans (with Clean Master and AVG) and nothing suspicious was found.
    Plus, I cleared all internet cache and data, in case it was coming from a website, but I keep getting the same message.
    I am on a Galaxy s3 mini, not rooted.
    Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, since the last thing I want to do is a factory reset...
    Thanx in advance
    Welcome to the forums.
    As I recall, this is Google's way of contacting you by some other means if you forget your Gmail password. All they probably want is a secondary email account or a phone number to text you. As I have set this up on my account I haven't seen this in quite some time.
    dancing-bass and B. Diddy like this.

Okay but how do i set up this thing

Just tap Continue, and see what comes up next. It's very unlikely this would trigger any kind of malware.

You could also go to any Google page on your computer browser, click on your avatar at the upper right, then Account. On the right of the screen under "Email & Phone," click Edit, and enter a Recovery Email address, if you don't have one yet.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,876 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Most Google settings can be found at Google Dashboard.