Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone charging SLOW and draining QUICK!

I updated my phone 2 days ago. Ever since then, I noticed that my phone takes a ridiculous amount of time to charge. 8 hours to get it to 85%??? Even all night it it didn't manage to get to 100%. It's only been 3 hours since I unplugged the phone and I'm at 35% battery.

I've tried a restart, reboot (battery pull) and even factory reset! Nothing is helping. Anyone else have suggestions other than taking it in?

I have another issue too that may or may not be related to this issue regarding hidden photos...if anyone has answers to that, it would be great too!

Default Re: Phone charging SLOW and draining QUICK!

Post your battery stats from the gsam app.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Post your battery stats from the gsam app.
    sorry I don't know what you mean...I have a samsung s4, where would I find the information you are asking for?

Please go to the play store and download the "gsam" app, then let it run for a while and post screen shots

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

If you haven't tried it already, wipe the system cache partition, which can sometimes help. You won't lose any personal data. Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Update: I turned off the phone and turned it OFF. Although it still took a bit longer than usual to charge (4 hours). I made sure to check off "do not keep activities" under developer options and also turned on power save mode (i had these activated prior and forgot) and it appears to be fine now. Battery usage back to normal ...I hope! Silly, forgot about those functions as I was panicking the whole day. Now if I can only find a solution to recover my hidden photos that didn't restore after my factory reset and back up

Global Posts
    15,559 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

And give the phone a week after updating. You're probably downloading a lot of data right now, and will for a few days - and that takes battery. A lot of people notice the battery life getting better after about a week.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Also be careful using lightweight 3rd party charger cables. I bought 2 $5 cables because they were small, skinny, and stylish for my s4 and the voltage was not strong enough to properly charge my phone. I then bought a thicker cable and it went from 50% to fully charged within 20 minutes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app