- 22 Posts
Help Please - ADB Copy Fails!
I am trying to get Chrome to come up in desktop mode permanently on my non-rooted Xperia Tablet Z. Multiple sources tell me that on an un-rooted device I need to use ADB to copy a file containing the line:
chrome --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1207.1 Safari/537.1"
to the /data/local directory.
So I dropped that line into a file (called chrome-command-line) on the root of my c: drive and run ADB like so:
c:\Android-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb push /chrome-command-line /data/local/chrome-command-line
It immediately fails with the following message:
failed to copy '/chrome-command-line' to '/data/local/chrome-command-line': Permission denied
Any idea how I can perform this ADB copy operation without rooting?
- 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM #2
- 03-17-2014, 08:37 PM #3
- 22 Posts
Re: Help Please - ADB Copy Fails!
@wizzrah: Yes USB debugging is on. ADB sees the device fine.
1) That is what I figured but I don't understand why multiple forums/web sites recommend this as the "solution"
2) Incorrect. It only sets desktop mode for that session. You think I would be going through all this if a simple setting in the browser worked? ;-)
- By Eric Bentley in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
- By Gavvykinz in forum LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 04-17-2014, 02:52 AM
- By Ajardi13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 3Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM
- By ryanbart in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
- By SheldDaaady in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM