Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By teamnowak
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App or method to keep photos organized in one folder

Is there an app or way to keep photos organized? I use a lot of different photo apps and they seem to store things in lots of different places (some in DCIM, some in Pictures folder, some in their own folders, etc.). I know how use a file manager to move things around, but what I would really like is this:

Set up a picture folder (or just use the one that is already there). Inside that, set up folders for each of the apps I use (or no folders at all, just ALL the pictures). Then have pictures go into the correct folder as they are taken (not manually).

Any good ideas? I have a rooted LG G2 but not any custom ROMs.

Global Posts
    30,967 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: App or method to keep photos organized in one folder

Quote Originally Posted by teamnowak View Post
    Is there an app or way to keep photos organized? I use a lot of different photo apps and they seem to store things in lots of different places (some in DCIM, some in Pictures folder, some in their own folders, etc.). I know how use a file manager to move things around, but what I would really like is this:

Set up a picture folder (or just use the one that is already there). Inside that, set up folders for each of the apps I use (or no folders at all, just ALL the pictures). Then have pictures go into the correct folder as they are taken (not manually).

Any good ideas? I have a rooted LG G2 but not any custom ROMs.
    Have you just tried to move the folder and maybe the app will put it where you moved it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you just tried to move the folder and maybe the app will put it where you moved it?
    I'm pretty sure I tried that and it just created a new folder in its place.

Global Posts
    30,967 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

Did you try "Dropbox"?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MariaLC View Post
    Did you try "Dropbox"?
    Does that keep the photos on the phone though? I just want them on the phone in one central location.

Yes, and it can be store in your computer, tablet also. If you download in your computer and conect them, every photo you take it will be down load also in the computer. Is convinient if you lost your phone your photos will be store in your computer. Even if you change computer or phones it will be stored in the "dropbox" app. I personally like it. The app is free

Global Posts
    13,126 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Check to see if the apps you are using allow you to change the location images are saved to. If there isn't a way to change the directory, then there won't be any other way to force images to be stored under the same directory without going in and moving files manually.

You can sync with a service such as Dropbox or Google and have images pulled into the same directory on the service. The photos will still be accessible through the mobile app. Not technically on the phone, but still accessible if you have a data connection and kept together in the same directory through the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by MariaLC View Post
    Yes, and it can be store in your computer, tablet also. If you download in your computer and conect them, every photo you take it will be down load also in the computer. Is convinient if you lost your phone your photos will be store in your computer. Even if you change computer or phones it will be stored in the "dropbox" app. I personally like it. The app is free
    Well, Google already automatically saves everything in Drive for me. So that's not the problem. The problem is how do you "empty" these pictures from your phone easily? I don't like to have to go hunting into 20 different folders. I also take a lot of pictures, so I don't want them clogging up or filling up my phone. I like to dump them every month or so. So I want them all in one place. I did find a couple apps that may work for me, so I'll be testing those out.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I found something that works well if anyone is interested. It's an app called Redirects. You can set up a custom "redirect" to move folders or a specific file type where you want. So I was able to send all my .jpg files to the Pictures folder. I sent all my .mp4 files to a folder I created called Home Movies. And the best thing is you can "blacklist" certain folders to not redirect. So I can keep some of my favorite pictures on my phone (in a folder I created called Saved Photos) without accidentally dumping them monthly. Great app. Highly recommended.
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    13,126 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks...will try