Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close it?"

"Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close it?" I keep getting this message whenever I open the messaging stock app. I had GO SMS Pro and it started giving me the same problem so I uninstalled it, however I cannot even use the stock messaging app either. Anyone know how to fix this? I found another post with instructions to delete the cache off all SMS apps which I tried and I even deleted the data but neither worked. I tried installing other SMS apps as well yet they give me the same problem, they open and freeze.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Renso Rodriguez View Post
    "Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close it?" I keep getting this message whenever I open the messaging stock app. I had GO SMS Pro and it started giving me the same problem so I uninstalled it, however I cannot even use the stock messaging app either. Anyone know how to fix this? I found another post with instructions to delete the cache off all SMS apps which I tried and I even deleted the data but neither worked. I tried installing other SMS apps as well yet they give me the same problem, they open and freeze.
    I was going to recommend clearing the cache as well. Try a full reboot.

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: "Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Renso Rodriguez View Post
    I was going to recommend clearing the cache as well. Try a full reboot.
    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.