Is it possible to limit mobile data to just ONE app, so no other apps can use data?

f2k8

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I own a Moto G, and I'm going Pay as You Go as I don't use as much data as I thought, in fact, the only thing app that uses data for me now is Whatsapp, and I want to make extra sure that Whatsapp is the only thing that uses my mobile data, and that all my other apps (twitter, snapchat, facebook etc.) only use WI-FI.

Is this possible, WITHOUT rooting or modifying the phone in any way i.e. through an app or a setting? If it was possible to enter every app and set it to manually, I would do that, but some apps don't give you the option, i.e. Snapchat doesn't have any settings at all, so it automatically downloads videos sent to me, even on mobile data.

Thanks for the help.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Snapdragon Battery Guru might do the trick - it allows you to limit how often an app updates including the best battery setting of update only upon opening (i.e. not in the background). Worth a try.

f2k8

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The Snapdragon Battery Guru might do the trick - it allows you to limit how often an app updates including the best battery setting of update only upon opening (i.e. not in the background). Worth a try.

Is that on the app store? I'm guessing these apps will just pop back up though at random times? Wish there was an app that would just let you stop data access on certain apps, I would even pay money for it!

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that on the app store? I'm guessing these apps will just pop back up though at random times? Wish there was an app that would just let you stop data access on certain apps, I would even pay money for it!

Yes, it's in the store - it only works with Snapdragon processors and I think you can limit apps to only sync when you open them and I don't think that is overridden by the apps themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox