Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By garublador
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I have different notification schedules for different email accounts?

How do I have different notification schedules for different email accounts?

Both email accounts are on gmail.
    1. email account is personal. So notifications are ok from the morning to the evening.
    2. email account is a work account. I don't want it notifiying me or making sounds unless it's mon-Fri 8am - 430pm.
    I must have person emails from the personal email be able to make notification beeps durring the weekend days but I don't want the work email to cause notification sounds during the weekend.

I'm flexible to download email apps or configure. I flexible to have one email app for both accounts. Or 2 email apps , one per each account.
  2. Best Answer

Or you can use the Gmail app for one account and the email app for the other one and set each one for the schedule you want.

Default Re: How do I have different notification schedules for different email accounts?

You can do that with Tasker and Synker:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.synker

I'm pretty sure you can substitute Llama for Tasker as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.kebab.Llama

I believe that with Llama and Synker you can do it all for free. I haven't used Llama, but my understanding is that it's very good and easier to use than Tasker, but you won't have all the same options, but if this is the only automation you want to do then that's probably OK.

With the free version of Synker and one of those automation apps you can tell it when to sync any given account. YOu can't, however, automatically change what autosyncs, so you won't get push notifications. I believe you can turn autosync on and off, though, but not on an account by account basis. In other words, you'll probably have to live without push notifications for some of your accounts if you use the free version. You'll have to tell it to periodically sync (e.g. every 15 minutes) using Llama or Tasker.

With the pay version of Synker you can change what accounts are used in the autosync so you'll be able to control when you get push notifications for any given account.

I use Tasker and Synker to do something very similar. I'm using the pay version of Synker so I can control what Autosyncs based on location, so I only get push notifications for my work Exchange based email system if I'm physically at work. I handle all of my other syncing with Tasker by syncing email every 15 minutes, some other things every hour and the non time critical stuff once per day.
    Thanked by:
    shawn811 likes this.

Global Posts
    12,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: How do I have different notification schedules for different email accounts?

Or you can use the Gmail app for one account and the email app for the other one and set each one for the schedule you want.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! It worked for 2 gmail accounts, but not with one as exchange server.

I tried 'Syncer" + "Llama" for Gmail. It works. Took some playing around. use the 'locals plugin' when chooseing an action.

success = Nexus 5 - 2 gmail accounts , 1 gmail app:

failed = Samsung S4 with 2 email accounts. 1 account as exchange and the other account as gmail. (funny because her work uses exchange which in turn uses gmail.)

success = galaxy S4 has 2 different email clients. Gmail & "mail". I'm guessing that's samsungs 'mail'. Any ways, that 'mail' app had an advanced setting after clicking setting in the mail app for manual sync + scheduling 'push' with mon-fri and time of day. Used the client with scheduler and other mail client "gmail" for personal email. That solved it.

Hope this helps someone else out there. that's what worked for me.