URGENT HELP PLS!!! gallery overwrites original photo after editing

RAJ GUPTA1

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Today I edited our best click using NEXUS 5 then did some editing using gallery editor but after saving it I found strange that my original photo overridden.
1) how I can get back my original photo, may be there is a location in the phone which I don't know.
2) how to change the settings to ask before overriding in gallery editor?

Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Gallery app, or the Photos app that is associated with Google+?

If you use the Photos app to edit and then save, it will clearly show that you still have the unedited original photo available, along with the new edited photo.

If you use the Gallery app, editing and saving a photo might make it look like the original photo is gone, but the original is still accessible. You just have to select the edited photo, then edit it again. You'll find that you can reverse changes like cropping and filters (which is what I tested out).

Jfzemek

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Gallery app, or the Photos app that is associated with Google+?

If you use the Photos app to edit and then save, it will clearly show that you still have the unedited original photo available, along with the new edited photo.

If you use the Gallery app, editing and saving a photo might make it look like the original photo is gone, but the original is still accessible. You just have to select the edited photo, then edit it again. You'll find that you can reverse changes like cropping and filters (which is what I tested out).

Before, it would keep the original and save the new, edited photo in a separate album. Is there a way to revert to that? I don't like that it overlays the photos, it pixelates and takes longer to load them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think you can change that using Google Photos at this time. You'd probably have to try a 3rd party gallery/photo editing app.

annarb

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I cropped a photo in the Gallery app (Not Photo app) and I can't figure out how to retrieve the unedited original. I read your instructions but can't figure it out. Is it possible? Thank you

[If you use the Gallery app, editing and saving a photo might make it look like the original photo is gone, but the original is still accessible. You just have to select the edited photo, then edit it again. You'll find that you can reverse changes like cropping and filters]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21