Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default best android version for tablets

Hi guys , recently i learnt that android honeycomb is the best version for tablets is it true ? And how to install it to my 4.1 tablet? I want to do that because my tablet is too slow with 4.1 .... which version is better and how to install it , not in software update cause it doesnt work there ... my tablet is samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: best android version for tablets

No, Honeycomb was Android 3.0, and is almost ancient history. It was designed as a tablet-only OS, but then Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) essentially unified the phone and tablet formats. I wouldn't recommend trying to hack Honeycomb onto your Tab 3.

Not sure if I suggested this already to you in another thread, but try a cache partition wipe, which can sometimes improve performance without erasing any personal data. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9945
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

You definitely don't want to go backwards. If it is really bad on 4.1 then you may wish to root it and install a custom rom. You could start by reading the information/watching the videos in this thread on XDA - [VIDEOS] [Guide] Galaxy Tab 3 How to root, recovery, roms, and much more - xda-developers
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Guys this is a very slow tablet i dont know why but i have installed 50 apps and i dont have a sd card ( i have 8 gb at my device) .. do you think that this may be the problem ??? I have almost 1 month that bought it

The Tab 3 is not a fast powerful device to begin with. Have you been able to compare yours with another comparable Tab 3?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

B. Diddy , no ... do you think that root may speed up my tab ?? And with root can i get android 4.4 kitkat??

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for that. I'm sure someone else can tell you more, though.

Global Posts
    5,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by nedia_r View Post
    you may wish to root it and install a custom rom.
    Why root the existing ROM when he's going to overwrite it with a custom ROOM which will be rooted anyway? (You don't have to root the phone to install a custom ROM - there are many ROMs that can be installed from a custom recovery, or even from Odin.)