Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP my note 2 wont charge correctly...HELP!!!!

soi hadmy note 2 for a while and its been working wonderfully until one morning i went to get my phone and it didnt charge fully and it stayed at 50% so ijust assumed it was nothing to worry about and during lunch time i pulled out my phone and it died.....WHAT TH HELL!!!!!!, soi thought it was the charger so i got a new one andit still didntwork then i called my provider to get a new battery and it still didnt work, PLEASE HELP. FWI- my phone is about 1 year old and it never got wet but fell out of my pocket abit but no real damage just small cracks and the phone is rooted, when i got the new battery it just came up to 64%,soplease help me......

Default Re: HELP my note 2 wont charge correctly...HELP!!!!

Are you saying that the batteries never get to a full charge when plugged in, even the new one, or just really slow to charge? And when the old one died like you mentioned, was it a steady decline to zero like normal, or a rapid drop (I.e. going from 35% to zero almost immediately)?

Normally the first place to look for charging issues is the USB cable because they are so prone to going bad, but you said you got a new charger. Did it have its own new USB cable too? If not and you're using an old one, replacing the cable may fix it if it's just a slow charging issue. Your answers to my first questions could indicate something else going wrong, but the cable would be the first place to check without knowing said answers.

Global Posts
    22,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: HELP my note 2 wont charge correctly...HELP!!!!

And if it's not a bad cable, the next likely candidate is the charging port in the phone. They have to take more abuse than they were designed for, so they frequently break a solder joint.