Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transferring verizon droid maxx contacts to a Verizon Samsung Tablet 7.7

I use my cell phone contacts the most and would like to transfer them to my tablet. I don't use my gmail account as my primary email, but I use my home email acct. I have backed up my phone to Verizon cloud, but my tablet doesn't have an option of downloading contacts from the cloud and I get the contacts from FB and gmail. Any ideas?

Default Re: Transferring verizon droid maxx contacts to a Verizon Samsung Tablet 7.7

Use Gmail for your contacts even is it is not your main email.

Default Re: Transferring verizon droid maxx contacts to a Verizon Samsung Tablet 7.7

Try exporting the phone contacts, and then importing them into your Google account. See more details here: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Or look at the contact apps of both the phone and the tab and see if there's a file format they have in common (usually csv). Then export from the phone and import to the tab. Even a vCard file may work, but you may end up having to import one contact at a time - which isn't too bad if you only have a few contacts.

Another way of doing it is with My Phone Explorer. Connect the phone, copy the contacts and save them (on your computer), then connect the tab and send it the same contacts.

In the future, use Google for sync - Android phones are designed to sync everything through Google Drive. Create a gmail account even if that's all you're ever going to use it for. (You'll need it to get apps from the Play store.)