Samsung Galaxy Centura wifi authentication

Jepster

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I recently changed routers to a NetGear Nighthawk. Everything else in the house works flawlessly with this, except my Samsung Galaxy phone. I added the new network but the phone will not ask me for the password connected with this router. It has a strong signal but the little lock shows up in the diagram and keeps saying authentication problem. The phone worked fine with my previous router. Help!!

Jepster

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
The security protocol is WPA2-PSK - but doesn't say anything about AES. When I set up my old router, and then the phone, the software in the phone asked me for the password, but when I went to set up this new router, it didn't ask for a password and just says it can't authenticate. It sees the signal, but puts a little lock symbol over it, and won't let me in. Frustrating! Post script - Thanks for the troubleshooting guide above. I went in and "forgot" the network I was trying to use and added a new one (which I had done before) - and THIS time it finally asked me for the password. All set! Don't know why it wouldn't ask before. Anyway - we are good to go!Thanks for the help.

Last edited: