Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want privacy on my personal phone data when using my phone as a company phone.

I just received a job offer and it stated I would supply my personal lg g2 phone. They said they will sync it with their tablet that I will use on the job site. They said they will set up separate accounts for my company email, Skype, calendar,* contacts, files, etc. I'm not sure exactly what they will do. Most important, will they be able to view Skype even if there will be 2 separate accounts. I was thinking I could use the guest mode feature on my LG G2. Please help. Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Default Re: I want privacy on my personal phone data when using my phone as a company phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jog62003 View Post
    I just received a job offer and it stated I would supply my personal lg g2 phone. They said they will sync it with their tablet that I will use on the job site. They said they will set up separate accounts for my company email, Skype, calendar,* contacts, files, etc. I'm not sure exactly what they will do. Most important, will they be able to view Skype even if there will be 2 separate accounts. I was thinking I could use the guest mode feature on my LG G2. Please help. Thanks.
    Switch SIM cards from 9 to 5.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I want privacy on my personal phone data when using my phone as a company phone.

I don't know too much about Androids but what would that do? Can you explain in more detail?

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by jog62003 View Post
    I don't know too much about Androids but what would that do? Can you explain in more detail?
    Sim cards would just switch the number and data services. It wouldn't change anything on the device.

I would suggest doing the guest mode on your device for work to keep things separate. I don't use that type of feature, so not sure how it will affect your personal messages or calls.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app