Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transferring text messages from Nokia Lumia 820 to Samsung Note 2. Is this possible?

Hello All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Is it even possible to transfer text messages from Nokia Lumia 820 (So Windows 8) to a Samsung Note 2 (Amdroid)?

Any advice/hints/tips would be greatly appreciated as I dont want to lose years worth of texts.

Gareth

Default Re: Transferring text messages from Nokia Lumia 820 to Samsung Note 2. Is this possible?

Hey,
    there is this app called "Transfer my Data" on your phone, if there isn't try looking it up on the Windows Store. Just run that particular app and follow the on screen instructions. It will solve your problem with ease
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Transferring text messages from Nokia Lumia 820 to Samsung Note 2. Is this possible?

Many thanks for your prompt response. That only works if I'm transferring to the Windows Phone, I'm trying to transfer from the Windows Phone to the note. Any further help greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Fraseniuc Lucian View Post
    That's from a Symbian device to Android, not Windows Phone to Android.

Your best option would be to find a Windows Phone app that can export your texts to XML and then import that on your new phone. I am not familiar enough with Windows Phone to know of an app that will do that for you though.