Privacy app question ?

wolfhead

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Before rooting my device I had read there's the possibility of adjusting the permissions or even feeding false data to apps.
Today I found such an app to allow me to do so.
Both xposed apk and xprivacy ! I downloaded both which is needed.
Anyway before configuring to operate there was a warning to have backup of whole system and know how to recover. Further warning said there was possibility of soft brick and bootloop. I immediately deleted them both.
So did I do the right thing ? Or what ?
Does anyone know about these apps ? And are they safe ?

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Xposed for a while and used Xprivacy for a couple months. Now I use privacy guard since it's easier to set up. Never had any issues with Xposed, X privacy, or the other Xposed mods I'm using.

It's just a warning to make sure you make a backup just in case a mod or combination of mods create an issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Like mentioned above, it's just the developer warning you of a possible issue when installing on your phone. I have installed several Xposed modules even though they say they are not compatible with my ROM, and have had no issues. Just make a nandroid backup before making any changes

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

wolfhead

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have both titanium backup and nandroid. So maybe I'll try it again. I have a bit of privacy on my device now such as encryption and tor.
But due to being paranoid of bricking my device I am extremely careful what I do. However I like the idea of restricting location and such. So I'll give it another try.

Posted via Android Central App

wolfhead

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1395765868516.jpg.
I can not configure xposed. Says latest version not installed DL framework and reboot. I did that several times. Then I get second can not be found in system. See both screenshots. Very frustrating !
uploadfromtaptalk1395766084073.jpg

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Press Framewoirk, then press the "install" button, Then close the app and reboot.

BTW,you can brick any phone with any app the same way you can get a BSOD in Windows with any program. Of you have a phone for which there's a Safestrap, install that, back up your system (in Safestrap), restore it to another slot and fool around in that slot. If you brick anything in that slot, you can boot back into Safestrap, wipe the slot and restore the backup again - and not do what you did to brick it. (All Android phones should come with Safestrap as the recovery.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463