- 2 Posts
No Silent ringtone on Andoid 4.3?
I have a Google Nexus running Android 4.1
I can set default ringtone and default notification both to silent so only people with custom ringtone can make my phone ring
I just got a Note 3 running Android 4.3
When I go to set the default ringtone there is no 'silent' option. Under default notification I can set that to 'none' which is the same as silent but there is no 'none' option for ringtone.
Can I set default ringtone to 'silent' or 'none' with Android 4.3 ?
- 03-25-2014, 11:57 PM #2
Re: No Silent ringtone on Andoid 4.3?
Use an app like Ringtone Maker. Make a copy of a ringtone file and call it silent.mp3. Open it in the app and reduce the time to 0 and the volume to 0. Save it. Choose silent as your ringtone. (Or you could name it none.mp3 or whatever makes sense to you.) You'll get no sound for 0 seconds when the phone rings - the equivalent of no ringtone.
- By ttwiitch in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 40Last Post: 08-17-2014, 02:30 PM
- By rbarnes65 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 29Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:42 PM
- By Myronmack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 22Last Post: 03-29-2014, 10:30 AM
- By Sharon Ng in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2014, 04:39 AM
- By Younjulius in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM