I am trying to install a "reading view" onto the Chrome or Internet browser of a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I have tried "Text Mode" from the Chrome web store, Readability and Instapaper but I get "Sorry, your operating system is not supported yet..." I discovered you can't install Internet Explorer on an Android tablet. Is there some other way to get a reading or text view of a web page?
- 03-26-2014, 12:46 AM #3
Re: Read Mode
Are you trying to get the text of the page itself (the HTML code) or are you trying to get the page to give you just the text and not the pictures? If the patter, Lynx is the original text-only browser. (Well, okay, this app was inspired by the original program.)
For the first one, you'd have to save the page as HTML (or as a web page), then open that file in a text editor.
Re: Read Mode
Basically I want Chrome to do what Internet Explorer and Safari do with their Reading View where a web page cluttered with ads is reformatted into this:
A forum member recommended this article:How to add Safaris Reader function to Android for clutter-free mobile browsing — Tech News and Analysis which uses Readability and works with Chrome. I use this feature when I read an article online of any length.
- By Jude Okun in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2014, 06:09 PM
- By blue lion in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2014, 06:52 PM
- By Lawro in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM
- By Lawro in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2014, 09:15 AM
- By kserafin53 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 04:39 PM