Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Bricked LG G2, Stuck at TWRP, No Download mode!

Quote Originally Posted by senteuh View Post
    Hi, I need a saviour. I was running root on the stock 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. I later installed Autorec and TWRP then used TWRP to successfully install CloudyG3 ROM. After rebooting I realized that my files were still present whereas I wanted a clean ROM. Being half awake, rebooted into TWRP and cleaned Dalvik Cache and /system.

On rebooting, the phone is now stuck on LG Logo. It doesn't have the option of getting into download mode. Even when I charge it, it doesn't show the download meter, it goes straight to the LG Logo and the notification light blinks in blue and cyan colours alternately.

How can I get out of this? Frustrated human!
    I have same problem.Please help!!

It is because of bad asses like Weston that we can survive these tech disasters! The only thing that worked!!! With leaving out the space YOU ROCK AND THANK YOU

heelp!
    it says,that dd:failed to open '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota': No such file or directory

Quote Originally Posted by Golden4579 View Post
    Just wanted to confirm that this methos also works with Verizon lg g3.........................
    Worked on Sprint LG G3

I have a problem i installed the wrong boot loader on my phone now it stuck on a black screen after it rebooted this is what it tells me
    [840]fastboot mode started
    [890]udc_start()
    [1050]-- reset--
    [1060]--portcharge--
    [1100]fastboot: processing comand

now ive tried using lg support tools nogo
    ive done the up and power key and it gos rite back tho that screen
    iv tried to hard reset soon as i hit the power key to prossed it gos back to that screen i dont know what else to do please help

That's exactly what I needed to know. I accidently clicked the install button when it popped up because I was trying to play music.

Weston Rocks.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Madsen View Post
    before trying anything else just type in these commands

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

got help from the IRC xda-devs for the second step to complete the fix.
    Thank you so much, this worked for my g3 vs985. You're a life saver.☺

i have a sprint lg g2 980 and I can not find anything that will get me out of bootloop..Ive tried typing in the commands multiple times and i dont think it works for the sprint model..PLEASE HELP! thanks!

After trying to do the OTA update on my ATT LG G2 this morning it soft bricked my phone into a boot loop with TWRP. After many hours of searching I finally figured out how to enter in the above commands through the TWRP terminal and Voila!!! It rebooted and I have my phone back!!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by senteuh View Post
    Hi, I need a saviour. I was running root on the stock 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. I later installed Autorec and TWRP then used TWRP to successfully install CloudyG3 ROM. After rebooting I realized that my files were still present whereas I wanted a clean ROM. Being half awake, rebooted into TWRP and cleaned Dalvik Cache and /system.

On rebooting, the phone is now stuck on LG Logo. It doesn't have the option of getting into download mode. Even when I charge it, it doesn't show the download meter, it goes straight to the LG Logo and the notification light blinks in blue and cyan colours alternately.

How can I get out of this? Frustrated human!
    Doesn't work for me on G2 D800, same issue as quoted here...

here's the thread I used:

webtrickz.com/how-to-root-lg-g2-running-lollipop-with-lg-one-click-root/

Also, I am able to get into download mode but not sure if it'll work without the proper firmware file, was on 20k before this, any help will be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyll88 View Post
    After trying to do the OTA update on my ATT LG G2 this morning it soft bricked my phone into a boot loop with TWRP. After many hours of searching I finally figured out how to enter in the above commands through the TWRP terminal and Voila!!! It rebooted and I have my phone back!!

Joey
    If you don't mind, how did you enter them? When I go to terminal I'm presented with a list of directories and used the root dir when I entered them with no success.

Hi, Ive been in this position before and have tried this solution and the first time it worked like a charm. this time same conditions with TWRP and no luck what so ever. when i reboot it retunes to TWRP and im about to give up.. no download mode?? and i am a profound beliver in not giving up..an help would be much apprciated. Dev..

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Madsen View Post
    before trying anything else just type in these commands

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

then hit enter

type

then hit enter and reboot.

got help from the IRC xda-devs for the second step to complete the fix.
    You're great man! But can you explain what was exactly happned!

I tried for an update on my LG G2 D802 Phone and its now stuck on LG logo screen.
    I tried soft reset and also the hard reset but both doesn't seem to work for me. i read the forum and i could see about the TWRP , but i aint sure how to access this TWRP command window. If some one could help me fix my phone , that would be greatly appreciated.

My phone was running on kitkat 4.4.2 version, one bad day i connected my phone to my laptop and user lg life tool and it showed me that i have updates available. i did the update and it showed me that the update was successful. And thats it ! it never turned on and its stuck on LG logo screen. And now i am not sure what should be done.

Thank you so much, you save me!!
    I have NEW lg g3 D855, and when I tried to update the softwarew it gave me this eror with teamwin...
    this code save me.
    However I dont know what to do now?
    I can I update my soptware?
    I have android 4.4.2 and now it is not possible to update the software. everytime I tried I got into this teamwin recovery...
    what can I do?
    Is there anyway I can get rid of this recovery and update my phone normally??
    many thanks

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2.03 and CM 10

In Recovery, Advanced, select command terminal, then hit 'select' at bottom window
    type the following:

then 'GO'

(ignore memory space problems, you only have to see some in and out writes)

type

then 'GO'

(ignore memory space problems, you only have to see some in and out writes)

back out to the main recovery screen, and reboot.

What you are doing is zero'ing out some locations that are messed up (fota and misc)

Thanks OP for saving my bacon ! Dylan
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234