Bricked LG G2, Stuck at TWRP, No Download mode!

streetyes

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I get this error
dd: writing '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota': No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out

33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied.
2.280673 seconds, 14.0 MB/s

vinyfiny

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
before trying anything else just type in these commands

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

got help from the IRC xda-devs for the second step to complete the fix.

Thank you so much! Just applied the Sprint OTA this morning while half asleep not even thinking about it. Got stuck at TWRP. Tried your method and it worked like a charm. Now I'm back to how my phone was before being rebooted for the update. I gotta stop trying to use my phone when barely conscious...

skylas81

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

then hit enter

type

got help from the IRC xda-devs for the second step to complete the fix.

Does the phone need to be plugged into the*computer for this? I really need help with this. It said it was an update so I clicked on it and it never restarted normally it was stuck on the "twrp" mode and wouldn't let me go to my home screen.

heythaitea

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I get this error
dd: writing '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota': No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out

I'm actually getting the same error. Not sure what else we can do, can anyone help out?

wwtbd12

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the D855 G3 (TMO) and have the same issue... I'm trying to figure out how to type your string of code in Terminal Command. When i enter Term Command it appears to be a File Manager. Would REALLY appreciate any help.

matthaerle91

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the D855 G3 (TMO) and have the same issue... I'm trying to figure out how to type your string of code in Terminal Command. When i enter Term Command it appears to be a File Manager. Would REALLY appreciate any help.

There you just want to leave it on the root of the drive and then hit select and it will bring you to the terminal to enter the stuff.
And FYI I did the same thing, accepting the OTA and then got stuck in a loop and this command worked.
I too have the G3.

matrixdriver

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
how do I get to terminal command in twrp? When I click on terminal command it takes me to all my folders. where would I find terminal command? Running TWRP 2.7.1.0 on rooted LG G3

Jorginho Maia

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know if you can help since you already pass for something equal.. I have been without phone for the last 2 days..

I search a lot to find if someone with my phone model: wiko cink five / micromax a 116 was having the same issue, but now i can see that my problem is similar to yours.

This is the current situation:

I have a backup from the previous ROM, and i have a new ROM 4.4.2 kitkat that i´m trying to install.
The problem is that everytime that i use TWRP to install and flash the new ROM everything goes nice, but when i reboot right after the phone logo, TWRP opens again and i´m stuck..
I tried to restore to the old one but no lucky.. No matter what i do everytime i reboot the phone it will always open the TWRP..

My question is: Can i adapt the terminal code that you post and make it rock for my own phone model ?

Sorry for being boring... but i'm a little bit desperate because i just bought this phone 2 months ago and i´m afraid to screw him...

Best regards,

Jorge Maia

mylgisbroken

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I get this error too
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out

Can anybode help me? I want my phone back! :-\ :-\ :-\

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

what worked for me was from the twrp terminal command was to type

then hit enter

type

Got help from the irc xda-devs for the second step to complete the fix.

thank you so much!

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I get this error too
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out

Can anybode help me? I want my phone back! :-\ :-\ :-\

Just go through with the steps exactly as described it works. Just brought mine back to life yesterday using this advice.

Abbas Hachem

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
were do i reboot it from my system or bootloader or power off or which one and i dont have an enter button it says go and when i reboot it with my system it tells medownoad su to root my phone and whenever i put download or do not donload it stays on the lg logo only helppppppppppppppppppppppppppp plzzzzzzz