Rooting and root access
Okay, I'm pretty sure my Nexus is running Cm10. I didn't root it, but I would like to know how to gain root access since it seems to already be rooted. I'll post a screen shot that shows my confusion. I don't know much about rooting though. But I see cyogenmod there (in le kernel thingy) , so I assumed. I wanted root access so I can use the touch buttons as a notification light, and Google didn't help much.
And another thing, can I use a different lock screen to show notifications on 4.1.2? Didn't want to start another thread. Maybe one that would support widgets. Preferably free, doesn't have to be.
- 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM #2"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson
My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
- 03-26-2014, 12:04 AM #3
Re: Rooting and root access
"Root access" just means that apps that request root can get it. You don't do anything (except approve root access for the particular app when you're asked to).
If you want manual root access, from a terminal app or ab adb shell, you type su.
- By Patrick Schroedl in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 261Last Post: Yesterday, 05:30 PM
- By Patrick Schroedl in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 432Last Post: 12-24-2014, 02:07 AM
- By rpw00d in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:47 AM
- By chefmorry in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM