- 8 Posts
Galaxy Grand 2: Will 8 GB of space with SD capability be enough?
Hey, there isn't a Galaxy Grand 2 sub forum around so I hope you guys don't mind if I post here. Basically my Note II passed away and I'm looking for a cheap substitute.. I narrowed it down to either the revered Moto G or the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. The pull of the Moto G is it's price but the screen size of the Grand 2 should help me ween off my phablet dependency.
Thing is the Grand 2 only has a 8 GB model unlike the 16 GB Moto G but it does have expandable storage. I have only been using flagships so I'm really wondering if 8 GB would suffice? I download quite a lot of apps and games and usually fill up my 16 GB Note II's space. I don't have songs cause I stream everything and I upload pictures through dropbox and delete them afterwards. Does Android still have that problem where SD cards are relatively useless?
- 03-26-2014, 01:02 PM #2
Re: Galaxy Grand 2: Will 8 GB of space with SD capability be enough?
Welcome to Android Central! An important piece of information will be how much storage is actually available to the user. Samsung is notorious for adding lots of features that you can't uninstall, and that take up storage. So 8 GB may actually mean only about 3-4 GB available to you.
If you plan on installing a lot of apps, or big apps (like complex games), then you might run out of storage quickly. Not sure if you can move apps to the external SD on that phone, but even if you can, you can never move an entire app to the external card.
Posted via Android Central App
- By Zillion Whales in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2015, 07:02 AM
- By indiansfan78 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 14Last Post: 04-14-2014, 09:42 PM
- By shadesrulz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2014, 08:08 PM
- By Game Zone in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
- By MSTmatt in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM