This is why I love forums...

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
As I sit here, impatiently awaiting Oct 15th to roll around so I can pick up the phone and order my Droid X, I'm steadily reading up and planning everything I'm gonna do to it. Although I'm a newbie to Android, I'm not so to smartphones. I currently rock the Palm Pre Plus with 180+ patches and apps installed, and have had many BlackBerries, all of which I have installed/uninstalled leaked OS's, hybrid OS's, official OS's, patched, installed/removed apps and bloatware, even built a BlackBerry OS or two of my own. All with the help of people in the crackberry and precentral forums. When I made the decision to become an Androidian a week ago, I knew the first thing I had to do was become a member of Android Central and start the process all over again. I'm fairly computer literate and I get more out of learning things on my own rather than having someone teach me. Over the past week, I have spent countless hours on AC, YouTube, and searching the internet in general for other Android forums just to learn all that I could about this OS. I've made decisions about things I wanna do and things I don't wanna do. Originally, I had decided to NOT root the phone as I really didn't wanna take a chance of bricking it or ruining what I consider a good thing in the Droid X. But after alot of research on here, and after seeing how easy it is to root (via the one-click method), I decided to root for a couple of reasons....to get rid of all of VZW's crap they put on it and to open up some of the programs available as a result of rooting. I'm not that interested in any of the ROM's, as I really like the way the phone is stock for the most part so I'll just stick with the stock ROM. I've already downloaded all of the necessary files needed to root, so now when I get my X all I have to do is plug her up and hit the button...lol. I already know what wallpaper I'm gonna use, what ringtones I'll install, even know what case I'm gonna get. Just in case it doesn't come from the factory with Froyo on it, I already know to make sure I do the update while the phone is set to factory settings, thanks to reading all of the threads from people with issues after updating. I probably won't be installing many, if any, utility apps, as my past experiences have led me to believe that utility apps can be reasons why the phone doesn't perform as it should. I mostly use my phone for...well...a phone..lol..but I also browse the web, watch videos, take a lot of pics of the family, and an occasional game. I also use it in my job as I am a FedEx courier so the maps and weather apps come in very handy. Therefore, I need it to work when called upon (no pun intended).

Anyhoo...I say all that to say this...a big :)THANK YOU:) to all of the members here who have posted things to help people in need, and also for all of the developers who give us the options of doing things such as rooting, ROM's, themes, etc. It'll be 3 weeks before I can upgrade, and I already feel like I know how to use this phone as if I've had it for years.