3rd party apps won't load maps from the google api's

LunaEros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Huawei Mediapad stock ICS 4.0.3
Only real mod done Xposed Framework but no modules are active.

Any 3rd party app I try that uses the Google maps for it's map function won't show any maps in it.
Yet Google maps itself does. the Google is at version 6.6.
I know there's a newer version but when I update to that, when I try to open Google maps it shows a screen
that has a button "accept & continue". When I click it it shows a notification saying it can't connect to network yet everything else CAN connect to the network.

I don't really care whether the google maps works or not but I need it to work for where I do use it in the 3rd party apps.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Or has any kind of idea of what to do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you emailed the developer? It may be an issue with the app accessing Google maps.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

LunaEros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying.
I'm 99% sure it's not the apps because every single app I try that uses Google's map api service has the same problem.
They go to the map part of the app but none actually show a map. Just the Google shadow logo in the bottom left.
Yet the Google map app itself works perfectly except for the fact that when I go into Play store it shows there's an upgrade from the v6.6 I have but when I try the upgrade and open it it gives a screen with 'accept & continue' button that when I try to select it I get a dialog that it can't connect to the network.
So I uninstalled the upgrade and it works again. The Google app that is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings/Apps/All, select Maps, and Clear Cache & Data. Try this for both the preinstalled version and the update version.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No idea of this will help, but also consider clearing the cache and data for Google Play Services, then rebooting.

LunaEros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I tried those things....
Same damn problem.

I wonder if I find the google apps package that you install when you install a custom rom would overwrite any problem and fix it?
I don't even know if that works on a stock rom.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it mostly browsers where you're seeing this, or other apps like Yelp?

If browsers, then how many different browsers have you tried?

LunaEros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with browsers.

It's 3rd party apps that directly access the map api.
Example:
Intellicast Weather app
Cell Mapper app.
Things like that.

I did uninstall the T-Mobile installed Telenav app but I didn't think it would be a problem since it was 3rd party and the navigation function of Google Maps still works.

LunaEros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You mean go into each app's preference there's a problem with and reset to defaults?

I never changed the default settings on those apps. Nor the main Maps app either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the main Settings/Apps menu, if you tap the menu button, you should see an option to Reset App Preferences, which clears every app default. (It'll also enable any disabled app.). As I mentioned, it's low yield, but might still be worth trying.