Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which Communication App do you prefer?

Hey everyone. New to the forum. I moved abroad about one year ago and have been using communication apps to call the US ever since. I used to use Skype, but the rates started to become more than my budget allowed and recently I started using Airetalk.

Overall, I am very impressed with the sound quality offered on Airetalk, My calls are much clearer and I have been experiencing fewer dropped calls than I had with Skype. Rates are lower too, significantly lower. There are a lot of features like text messaging, group conversations, walkie talkie and more, but I haven't gotton to explore all the features because not a lot of people I know use Airetalk. Hopefully in the future more people will start using it and I can take advantage of the free airetalk to airetalk calling and more, but for now it is saving me a lot on voice calling landlines and mobile numbers.

What other communication apps are people on the forum using? What is your favorite communication app and why?

Default Re: Which Communication App do you prefer?

I use Spare Phone through Google Voice.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogy.sparephone
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Which Communication App do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Kay View Post
    Hey everyone. New to the forum. I moved abroad about one year ago and have been using communication apps to call the US ever since. I used to use Skype, but the rates started to become more than my budget allowed and recently I started using Airetalk.

Overall, I am very impressed with the sound quality offered on Airetalk, My calls are much clearer and I have been experiencing fewer dropped calls than I had with Skype. Rates are lower too, significantly lower. There are a lot of features like text messaging, group conversations, walkie talkie and more, but I haven't gotton to explore all the features because not a lot of people I know use Airetalk. Hopefully in the future more people will start using it and I can take advantage of the free airetalk to airetalk calling and more, but for now it is saving me a lot on voice calling landlines and mobile numbers.

What other communication apps are people on the forum using? What is your favorite communication app and why?
    Telegram and Viber for instant messaging and photos, videos, and small file exchange.
    Telegram because it's fast, encrypted, and can handle videos up to 1GB (other apps are limited to 10MB or 90 seconds). And because it is NOT WhatsApp.
    Viber because of its clean interface and versatility. And because it is NOT WhatsApp.
    Viber and Tango for VoIP and video calling. Which WhatsApp still doesn't do (maybe later this year; mañana, mañana).
    Last edited by Vsweety; 03-30-2014 at 10:02 AM.