Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts from Moto-X to HTC One?

Hey All,

I had my Moto-X set up so nicely! When someone calls or I get a text, up pops their picture. When I want to call someone I just start to type their name and their pic pops up with the phone number. Then I picked up a Mo-G and with the Moto transfer app I had the Mo-G set up the same way, in a heartbeat.
    So now I'm rollin' with a HTC One on T-Mobile and I'd love to have it set up the same way. They have some kinda 'migrate' app, and I tried using that, then there is always bluetooth but alas... I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer all of my contacts from either one of the Motorola's to the htc One and have all of the info and pics. I've looked for apps, I've tried using a usb cable on this PC but nothing seems to work. I'm sure I could set it all up again manually, but shouldn't I just be able to transfer all of my contacts with a few buttons?? I have the 'People' app on the Motos but I don't see that on the HTC, is that the problem? Anyone got any idears??

radio

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Contacts from Moto-X to HTC One?

Quote Originally Posted by radiocycle View Post
    Hey All,

I had my Moto-X set up so nicely! When someone calls or I get a text, up pops their picture. When I want to call someone I just start to type their name and their pic pops up with the phone number. Then I picked up a Mo-G and with the Moto transfer app I had the Mo-G set up the same way, in a heartbeat.
    So now I'm rollin' with a HTC One on T-Mobile and I'd love to have it set up the same way. They have some kinda 'migrate' app, and I tried using that, then there is always bluetooth but alas... I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer all of my contacts from either one of the Motorola's to the htc One and have all of the info and pics. I've looked for apps, I've tried using a usb cable on this PC but nothing seems to work. I'm sure I could set it all up again manually, but shouldn't I just be able to transfer all of my contacts with a few buttons?? I have the 'People' app on the Motos but I don't see that on the HTC, is that the problem? Anyone got any idears??

radio
    Try syncing your contacts with your gmail account. Use the same one on the HTC One and then the contacts should be on the phone.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Contacts from Moto-X to HTC One?

Bring the phones into your carrier's store. Most of them have transfer software that transfers from anything to anything. (The problem is that not all manufacturers use the same formats or the same apps, so some od the data may not transfer - like the pictures.

BTW, the HTC my have a "Contacts" app. It's the same app with a different logo.