- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Screen stuck at 0% brightness
I haven't had any screen issues in the past, but today my tablet randomly decided to go totally black on me. I looked online and some posts mentioned to check if the screen was actually off, or just stuck at 0% brightness. So I got a flashlight and it turned out that I could see the screen in the light of the flashlight, very faintly. I tried to manually change the brightness setting, but that didn't do anything. I tried to go into 'power saver settings', but the 'screen brightness' power saver setting is stuck on and won't uncheck. Restarting doesn't fix it. Plugging it in to the computer or an outlet doesn't fix it.
I haven't downloaded any applications that override the screen brightness.
I'm using the Galaxy Note 10.1 (not the 2014 version).
- 03-28-2014, 05:49 PM #2
- 03-28-2014, 06:40 PM #3
- 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM #5
Re: Screen stuck at 0% brightness
Ok, try wiping the cache partition in the Recovery Menu. You won't lose any personal data. Follow the instructions on this support page under "Alternative Method," but make sure that you select "wipe cache partition" instead of "wipe data/factory reset." Then select "reboot system now."
- By TouchPerception in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 03-06-2015, 03:26 PM
- By NathanBellaire in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 03-29-2014, 01:03 AM
- By bucketheadmn in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2014, 11:42 PM
- By NoEviL in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
- By Ian Marshall2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:12 PM