Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen stuck at 0% brightness

Hey all,

I haven't had any screen issues in the past, but today my tablet randomly decided to go totally black on me. I looked online and some posts mentioned to check if the screen was actually off, or just stuck at 0% brightness. So I got a flashlight and it turned out that I could see the screen in the light of the flashlight, very faintly. I tried to manually change the brightness setting, but that didn't do anything. I tried to go into 'power saver settings', but the 'screen brightness' power saver setting is stuck on and won't uncheck. Restarting doesn't fix it. Plugging it in to the computer or an outlet doesn't fix it.

I haven't downloaded any applications that override the screen brightness.

I'm using the Galaxy Note 10.1 (not the 2014 version).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Daniel

Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Screen stuck at 0% brightness

Quote Originally Posted by DWesty View Post
    Hey all,

I haven't had any screen issues in the past, but today my tablet randomly decided to go totally black on me. I looked online and some posts mentioned to check if the screen was actually off, or just stuck at 0% brightness. So I got a flashlight and it turned out that I could see the screen in the light of the flashlight, very faintly. I tried to manually change the brightness setting, but that didn't do anything. I tried to go into 'power saver settings', but the 'screen brightness' power saver setting is stuck on and won't uncheck. Restarting doesn't fix it. Plugging it in to the computer or an outlet doesn't fix it.

I haven't downloaded any applications that override the screen brightness.

I'm using the Galaxy Note 10.1 (not the 2014 version).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Daniel
    Factory reset the device - that'll fix it but will erase your data. So if possible, backup what you need.

I wonder if the backlight might have malfunctioned, in which case it would need to be repaired.
    Rukbat likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The Samsung logo is show at full strength when restarting so I'm not sure that's it.

Ok, try wiping the cache partition in the Recovery Menu. You won't lose any personal data. Follow the instructions on this support page under "Alternative Method," but make sure that you select "wipe cache partition" instead of "wipe data/factory reset." Then select "reboot system now."