Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  • 1 Post By Rinzler-Zero
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Memory optimizer with alien and rocket

i just turned on my Asus transformer and i now have some stupid alien thing that is blue and has a yellow hat sticking out the side of my screen, that with u hold down on it brings a rocket up at the bottom of the screen. what is it and how do i get rid of it. please see image attached

i have scanned my pad , with AVG , avast and norton. nothing says any problems
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Memory optimizer with alien and rocket-screenshot_2014-03-31-17-03-49.jpg  

Default Re: Memory optimizer with alien and rocket

Welcome to Android Central! It has to be related to an app that you installed. If it just started, you could try uninstalling your most recently installed apps and see if it goes away. Hopefully, someone else on the forums will recognize the icon.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks , i have uninstalled the last thing i installed, it was xbox one smartglass but it is till there.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

dont think so , as the thing is only on the "desktop" and it does memory optimize when u put the alien thing into the rocket

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

If you long-press it, do you get an uninstall option? That would bring you to the Application manager, so you could see which app it is.

If not, it's a widget or shortcut and long-pressing it should give you a Remove option. (Or it should give you a trash can on the top or bottom of the screen, depending on the launcher.)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    If you long-press it, do you get an uninstall option? That would bring you to the Application manager, so you could see which app it is.

If not, it's a widget or shortcut and long-pressing it should give you a Remove option. (Or it should give you a trash can on the top or bottom of the screen, depending on the launcher.)
    if u hold the alien thing down he floats and you can move him onto the rocket no removal option at the top, i cannot find anything new in my app manager, or widget list that i do not know of before this thing appeared.

thanks for all your help so far, i hope someone can get it as i really do not want to have to reset my tab again.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Bump (sorry if this is not allowed)

Hello my friend, I have your answer! I too was plagued with this uninvited visitor showing up on my screen and in my search I found your question. Annoyed the answer wasn't here I looked at my phone again until I solved it, then specifically made a membership here so I could spare you the same annoyance. It's not viral or spamware or some such. It's an uninvited feature of super task killer. It claimed in a recent update you could turn that feature off, but I haven't seen it. It simply does what super task killer normally does, but without having to go into the program. Sometimes the rocket smoke stays on my screen until I start another program...further annoying. Simply delete said app and the robot is banished not to his home planet...but to a slave planet where he will mine for the rest of his days in penance for showing up on our home screens. Have a nice day.
    Thanked by:

Nice find! Confirmed this by reading the reviews of that app as well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tqin.aotkiller

Thanks, and welcome to Android Central, Rinzler-Zero! And FINISH THE GAME!!! (Sorry, but I'm a big Tron fan ...)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Then the solution is to remove Super Task Killer, because killing tasks is bad for Android phones. Whoever came up with idea thought that Android works like Windows. It doesn't. To see why, read Multitasking the Android Way | Android Developers Blog Killing tasks actually slows your phone down, it doesn't speed it up. When you're done with an app, press the back button to get back to the desktop ("homescreen"). That kills the foreground task while still leaving the background task in RAM - which is how Android should be run. Killing the task kills the background task also, which is a no-no if you want the smoothest operation from your phone. (Android actually does a force close on an app if it needs to get it out of RAM - which is thousands of times faster than killing the task. But if it needs the background task in RAM and you kill it, Android just wastes time reloading it. That's why sometimes you kill a task, don't run it again, but the next time you look it's still there.)
    B. Diddy likes this.

Hey no apologies needed, I chose this name for the same love . It's my psn name too heh. Been loving Tron since Moses was a boy. Can't wait for Tron 3 and with a better writer!

End of Line.
    B. Diddy likes this.