Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tinker Toys and Warranties

Time for a new phone and evaluating rooting policies across the manufacturers. Anyone see the Tinkerer Toy Link at Motorola?

Moto X Developer Edition for Verizon - A Google Company

I went ahead and called their sales and they are pushing it, ruin the phone, just send it back to them...

Bottom-line is I'm looking for current reviews/comparisons for development across manufacturer and carrier warranties i.e. HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc.

Probably will have to go CDMA, any pointers? Am I being overly concerned?

15,719 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,721 Global Posts
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Tinker Toys and Warranties

The ad clearly states that Motorola is a Google company, so the terms are no longer subject to anything. Motorola, via Lenovo, can disavow themselves from it. And you'd be locked to Verizon. Two deal breakers for the price of one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I didn't notice the Lenovo deal until after the post... With that said and assuming I have to go Verizon, which manufacturer(s) warranties would you then recommend or avoid the "locked to Verizon"? Or, are you saying there are really no warranty comparisons, warranties are alike and no better than the other and Motorola is just blowing smoke?

The Lenovo deal isn't final yet though.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums