Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note III: USB or Battery Problem?

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this site but I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this under but I would appreciate any feedback I can get. Now I have a problem with my Galaxy Note III regarding it charging properly. Before I went to sleep I charged my phone as usual because it had a low battery. However as I checked my Note III when I awoke I noticed that it hadn't charged at all, rather, the battery had drained to 1%. I tried moving the cord around to see if that would fix the problem. It had all the signs of charging both through the red light and the battery icon however it sustained around 1 - 3% and fluctuated in that area. I manually shut it down, removed the battery, put it back in & turned it on again. Although this process worked smoothly the charging problem didn't subside. I turned on Flight Mode, shut down applications and the problem still plagued me. I'm leaning towards the USB being defective as my phone seems to operate on point but I wanted to be sure. Also I used a different charger and it began to charge slower than usual so could it be a problem with the phone's charging port?

Thank you all for your time.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note III: USB or Battery Problem?

Welcome to Android Central. It sounds like a defective charging unit. I have read on these forums that some people were experiencing the same problems and went back to their carriers to get a new charging unit. It should still be under warranty
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note III: USB or Battery Problem?

Just for a little update I kept my phone charging with a different charger and now its up to nearly 20%, it's been charging slowly but progress has been made in the past hour.