A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmom85

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Please help me understand. Even if you are able to successfully unlock your broken phone, what will you then do? What can be done to extract your data even after the screen is unlocked?

Nickens123

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a Blu phone Studio XL it's Android phone. I have no power button on the phone or volume button.My screen went Blake on me but I could still here the phone come on.I got the screen replace and its still doing the same thing it's blake but can hear the phone. How can I get my contacts out of the phone if I can't get in the phone cause the screen blake??

jimmie2000

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
but old Indian Micromax 2G touch phones don't confirm to OTG standards and usb mouse is of no use here.
Anything to reset the lock should be enough, rest is handled from software on PC.

siddthekidd

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
new hear, trying to find this "guide" in this thread but can not find it?
Thank
I've a samsung galaxy note4 sm-N910p shattered screen, forgot which code or password or swipe I used, also don't know if usb debugging is on or off, yada yada.
I"ve tried to date, Dr.Fone (fail) Kies, will see phone but says it's locked (duh)
Any help would be great
Thanks

Mar 123

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
It works!!!!!!!!

I unlocked my broken HTC A9 that was encrypted with a PATTERN LOCK. YES! :D I used an Insignia OTG cable, and a logitec K830 TV USB keyboard that had a mouse touch pad included. I did have a replacement phone that helped me make sure the touch pad was working, and practice the pattern. My screen was almost completely black so I had to literally use a ruler to measure the exact location of the dots on my screen. I used lipstick (so I could remove them when done) to mark some dots on the cracked screen to help guide me. After approximately 3 trials (I had about 6 left before my data was erased), I was able to unlock it, connected it to my laptop, and recovered every single one of my photos.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Don't give up!

truefan03

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
The problem with this method is that you have no idea where the mouse is on the screen. I drew out a guide like you suggested but the mouse could be anywhere when you start, that's the frustrating part.

Status
Not open for further replies.