Nexus 4 Memory

splashedajet10

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
okay, so I cracked the screen on my Nexus 4 and the phone is useless. it still turns on and everything but I cant use the screen. can anyone help me with the memory on the phone? when I plug it into the computer, it says that there are no pictures or anything on the device. I just want all the music, pictures and contacts from the phone before sending it off to get fixed because they say they'll wipe it completely. Is there a way where I could fix the screen and whatever else is broken myself so that I still have all the pictures and whatnot on the phone?

greenlink

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
*Storage not memory.
Storage = ROM. long term. pictures, music, documents, etc stored on device
memory = RAM. short term. apps run in RAM

splashedajet10

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
ya it did fall, but the screen saver picture is still on there when I click the side button to turn the screen on and off again. and I still have incoming messages, and app updates and such pop up at the top, so how would I be able to find out if the memory chipset was damaged?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
ya it did fall, but the screen saver picture is still on there when I click the side button to turn the screen on and off again. and I still have incoming messages, and app updates and such pop up at the top, so how would I be able to find out if the memory chipset was damaged?

You'll have to open it up and inspect for damage or replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non