Questions about my HTC One (M7), can you help me?

Yttuty

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I just bought an HTC One and I have several questions, hope you can help me answering them.
I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me :) no matter if you answer only one question

Here's the list:

• I have Android 4.2.2 and I checked for software update and it said that it's up to date, but HTC's webpage says that there's already a 4.4 version for my phone, why's this?
  • When I pull down the notification's bar and switch to the dashboard, the transition that occurs it's kinda weird, it doesn't look smooth, is that normal?
  • Can i disable BlinkFeed?
  • Other apps and functions lag too (e.g. Facebook app and when swiftkey keyboard expands)
  • I don't want my home screen to have several "tabs", I just want one, is this possible?
  • What's the option of Beats Audio that appears on settings? What's that for? Louder speakers?
  • My general experience with this phone is kinda disappointing, I thought that it was going to be a bit faster/smoother, do you think that's because of the software?

Thanks for reading and for the help!
I don't know if this helps, but i'm from Mexico, I don't know if that matters.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I just bought an HTC One and I have several questions, hope you can help me answering them.
I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me :) no matter if you answer only one question

Here's the list:

• I have Android 4.2.2 and I checked for software update and it said that it's up to date, but HTC's webpage says that there's already a 4.4 version for my phone, why's this? Updates often roll out in phases. It could be that the update has not made it to your device and should possibly receive it soon. There should be a manual way to update via a computer, so check with your carrier on that.
  • When I pull down the notification's bar and switch to the dashboard, the transition that occurs it's kinda weird, it doesn't look smooth, is that normal? Does it appear to be lag? Has this always been the case or recently?
  • Can i disable BlinkFeed?
  • Other apps and functions lag too (e.g. Facebook app and when swiftkey keyboard expands) Have you tried clearing cache in recovery? That may solve a lot of those problems. If the problem is specific to certain apps or services then you can possibly uninstall then reinstall those particular apps or services.
  • I don't want my home screen to have several "tabs", I just want one, is this possible? Yes, just delete the apps and widgets on other home screens (I think this is what you are wanting) and keep everything on one (home screen). Take advantage of folders to include several apps and save space on the home screen while keeping things organized at the same time.
  • What's the option of Beats Audio that appears on settings? What's that for? Louder speakers? I don't the device, so can't say for sure. But I'd imagine its to adjust the sound quality.
  • My general experience with this phone is kinda disappointing, I thought that it was going to be a bit faster/smoother, do you think that's because of the software? Have you had issues since owning the device? If not, then perhaps it's time to clear out any issues by performing a factory reset - backup and sync your data beforehand. That should clear up the device and get it working as it should.

Thanks for reading and for the help!
I don't know if this helps, but i'm from Mexico, I don't know if that matters.
Welcome to the forums! I've included responses in the quote above. Let us know if we can be of further help :).

Yttuty

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
When I pull down the notification's bar and switch to the dashboard, the transition that occurs it's kinda weird, it doesn't look smooth, is that normal? Does it appear to be lag? Has this always been the case or recently?
Yeah, it has ALWAYS been like this.

Other apps and functions lag too (e.g. Facebook app and when swiftkey keyboard expands) Have you tried clearing cache in recovery? That may solve a lot of those problems. If the problem is specific to certain apps or services then you can possibly uninstall then reinstall those particular apps or services.
Well, I bought this phone 2 days ago (april 1st), however, I bought it from a store, not from a company, I don't know if they used it before or something like that?

My general experience with this phone is kinda disappointing, I thought that it was going to be a bit faster/smoother, do you think that's because of the software? Have you had issues since owning the device? If not, then perhaps it's time to clear out any issues by performing a factory reset - backup and sync your data beforehand. That should clear up the device and get it working as it should
Yeah, like I said on the last question, since I bought the device it is kinda laggy but just with specific tasks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze