Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP: Galaxy s4 mini switching wireless off itself and no network

Hiya
    I am new here and not exactly tech savvy so could really use some help.

I have a galaxy s4 mini and since this morning it won't connect to the network (I am with three - they have checked there are not signal problems in my area) AND I can't connect to my wireless (definitely working as I am using my iPad to write this.

So when I go to switch the wireless on, on the phone, it flicks itself back off again and doesn't even go green like it normally does.

I don't know if either of the following two things would have affected this or not:
    1) my phone downloaded some Samsung update yesterday (via 3G, don't know if it completed though). Phone says its using android version 4.2.2 - is that relevant?

2) got my phone on to the wireless system lat night (because of MAC address filtering) but it was working fine last night.

Anyway I have tried all the standard things - switching my phone on and off, taking the SIM card out etc but still no network and no wireless.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you :-)

Default Re: HELP: Galaxy s4 mini switching wireless off itself and no network

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HELP: Galaxy s4 mini switching wireless off itself and no network

Thanks for this, but I have just tried this but it hasn't worked :-(

I have also done a firmware update using kies and still no luck. Have backed everything up and have done a master reset and its still not connecting to the network and I can't get the wireless to stay on.