Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    I have a Galaxy S4 (rooted) and just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (Afraid to root because I don't want to loose warranty)

    I restored all my apps on my tablet but all my Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies and all other game data is missing from the tablet.

    First, is there a way to restore this game data to the tablet WITHOUT root?

    Preferably, I would like to seamlessly sync the game data between the 2 devices. It would be great to play a level of any game on my phone and then pick up at the same spot on my tablet. Is this possible?
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidBoy22 View Post
    I have a Galaxy S4 (rooted) and just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (Afraid to root because I don't want to loose warranty)

    I restored all my apps on my tablet but all my Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies and all other game data is missing from the tablet.

    First, is there a way to restore this game data to the tablet WITHOUT root?

    Preferably, I would like to seamlessly sync the game data between the 2 devices. It would be great to play a level of any game on my phone and then pick up at the same spot on my tablet. Is this possible?
    You should try Helium from the play store.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

    I think you'll need the premium version I'm afraid. You'll be able to take out the game data from your phone, upload it to Google Drive, and resync it to your tablet.

    You will also be able to do android to android sync.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    I tried Helium. Installed fine on my phone since I have root. Different story with the tablet. I needed to install the Desktop software first which wouldn't install. Got a "missing DLL error" when I try to install the .msi. I have Windows 8.1 64bit. I contacted ClockworkMod yesterday but no response. Any ideas or other suggestions?
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidBoy22 View Post
    I tried Helium. Installed fine on my phone since I have root. Different story with the tablet. I needed to install the Desktop software first which wouldn't install. Got a "missing DLL error" when I try to install the .msi. I have Windows 8.1 64bit. I contacted ClockworkMod yesterday but no response. Any ideas or other suggestions?
    That happens with some applications. Try this:

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe...leshooting.htm


    -Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    I got Helium to install on my PC and purchased the Premium version of the App.

    Most of my game date was able to backup/restore fine over DropBox/Google drive but a couple of games (Plants vs Zombies and Stupid Zombies) failed and returned the following error:

    "An error occurred while performing your app restore. A long of the error has been sent to ClockWorkMod. Click Restore to attempt to restore the remaining apps."

    Any idea how to fix?
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Syncing Save Game Data between Phone and Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidBoy22 View Post
    I got Helium to install on my PC and purchased the Premium version of the App.

    Most of my game date was able to backup/restore fine over DropBox/Google drive but a couple of games (Plants vs Zombies and Stupid Zombies) failed and returned the following error:

    "An error occurred while performing your app restore. A long of the error has been sent to ClockWorkMod. Click Restore to attempt to restore the remaining apps."

    Any idea how to fix?
    Try rebooting the phone and doing a backup again.

    -Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Similar Threads

  1. Contacts List and Opening contacts VERY slow
    By Larry Pasekoff in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Today, 05:07 AM
  2. Fan of teleglitch? Try this [FREE] game on for size!
    By Robots From Space in forum The Gamer's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
  3. WiFi and apps
    By newtda513 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 07:43 AM
  4. This tablet brings the S pen out!
    By PortablePete in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM
  5. No more roaming costs for Europeans. America and Asia to follow?
    By Vsweety in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions