Weird thing happened to my Micro SD card on Galaxy S4

Find000

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Alright, strange story but here is how it goes.

I was watching Youtube videos on my Galaxy S4(KitKat) and suddenly I received a notification that said my SD card was removed unexpectedly but I had my back cover on. (My micro SD is a Kingston 16GB SDHC). I took my chip card out and put it back into my phone and it still didn't recognize it. I filled up my micro SD card with movies and when I went to the Video app, my movies weren't appearing. So I used my Micro SD adapter on my laptop and it was unable to recognize my Micro SD card. I also have a USB adapter for my Micro SD card and it only found the adapter not the card. I also have a LEXAR 8GB Micro SD card and when I insert it into my phone, it recognized it as well as my USB adapter. I found a way but it only works if I root my phone which I do not want to do? If any help, please and thanks.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright, strange story but here is how it goes.

I was watching Youtube videos on my Galaxy S4(KitKat) and suddenly I received a notification that said my SD card was removed unexpectedly but I had my back cover on. (My micro SD is a Kingston 16GB SDHC). I took my chip card out and put it back into my phone and it still didn't recognize it. I filled up my micro SD card with movies and when I went to the Video app, my movies weren't appearing. So I used my Micro SD adapter on my laptop and it was unable to recognize my Micro SD card. I also have a USB adapter for my Micro SD card and it only found the adapter not the card. I also have a LEXAR 8GB Micro SD card and when I insert it into my phone, it recognized it as well as my USB adapter. I found a way but it only works if I root my phone which I do not want to do? If any help, please and thanks.

Not strange to me at all. Got the same thing on my S4 SPH-L720. I reformatted the card. It happened a couple more times, and now the card is quite dead. As in 'Fatal errors found' and Unable to repair or reformat' dead.