Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default labeling whitelisted and blacklisted WIFI hotspot users

i've been using the hotspot feature to deliver my carrier internet connection to my other devices at times when i'm not at home with the normal internet (often)
    sometimes i wish some of devices to not be able to temporarily connect, so i move them into the blacklist for a while; and while the feature to whitelist, blacklist and set user connection limit is cool, it has one major problem with it- there's only mac address labeling

it is not a problem if you fiddle with one device, but once you get more than 2 in the whitelist it's really impossible to remember all the mac addresses of all the devices... is there a way to label these devices?

or is there some app that could replace this native whitelist functionality but introduce labels?
    i am running 4.0.3 atm

701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: labeling whitelisted and blacklisted WIFI hotspot users

Well, i don't think that it is possible, I don't seem to know any application available which can do that for you. But yes it seems to be a good idea to develop a mobile application for it...