- 1 Posts
Can't remove SD card.
My phone "broke" few weeks ago, it's a Rise Kyocera Android, and it went to black screen due to a heavy flashlight falling on it. It can still turn on but it remains a black screen.
I'm due for an upgrade for a new iPhone in May but I want to safely remove my SD card from the android and I don't want to trade in my old phone for a new one since I don't know if they log me out of my FB and YouTube and I don't want to risk that they don't. :/
And I want to keep my original phone number cause I receive verification code for when I log into things.
So question is: can I safely remove my SD card from my phone even if it's a black screen?
If so, how?
Thank you in advanced.
- 04-04-2014, 02:36 PM #2
Re: Can't remove SD card.
It's always safe to remove if the phone is turned off. Remove the battery (if possible) and then take the card out. If the battery is not removable, then hold the Power button down for about 5-10 seconds, which typically will shut down any Android device.
If you remove the SD while the phone is still on, chances are it will be fine. But there is still the possibility that it might be writing something to the card while you're taking it out, which could cause data corruption.
Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
- By bklynblaze in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 18Last Post: 06-26-2014, 02:45 AM
- By Madd54 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 38Last Post: 04-27-2014, 12:37 PM
- By stevetrocs in forum VerizonReplies: 10Last Post: 04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
- By Baguaplayer in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 04-04-2014, 05:03 PM
- By Jim Williams in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2014, 02:46 PM