Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Only dial screen after applying pasword.

I am totally new to anything more than a simple phone so please bear with me?

I have just bought a Motorola Moto G and am waiting for a simm from free.fr to arrive. That's a week of waiting! I have been looking through the various bits on the phone and decided to put a password on it. I have done this on all of my previous, simple, phones with no problems, but now that I have done it on the MG all I can get is the phone dial screen. No pptions for any apps, settings, etc. Just the dial screen.

I have tried the factory reset using the power/volume buttons but when I get to the second selection, with the 'distressed android' showing I don't get any options with it, just the android. Can anyone help me please?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Only dial screen after applying pasword.

Well, after chatting to Motorola and still not doing the reset I decided to have a play again. I went through the sequence until I got to the 'distressed android'. I decided to try pressing the volume up switch followed by the off/on button and, low and behold, up popped the options.

I selected the factory reset, went through the setup again and I now have a working phone again. All I need now is for free.fr to get their finger out and get my simm to me!