galaxy S4 has removed the comma from the keyboard...

syman666

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
my standard S4 keyboard had a period(.) and a comma(,) on either side of the space bar. i long clicked the comma to see what other options were associated with that key and now i have a cog symbol there. the comma is gone and i cant get it back. ive tried to reset the keyboard settings, and ive tried restoring the factory settings on the whole fone.. still no luck... please help!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try a different keyboard. I am trying to get someone who hopefully has stock TouchWiz to help.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
my standard S4 keyboard had a period(.) and a comma(,) on either side of the space bar. i long clicked the comma to see what other options were associated with that key and now i have a cog symbol there. the comma is gone and i cant get it back. ive tried to reset the keyboard settings, and ive tried restoring the factory settings on the whole fone.. still no luck... please help!!

I have the stock keyboard. My comma has always been in the n key.
1396925991443.jpg

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
syman, you can also use the Google keyboard, it's pretty darn good.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

kalpa108

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever find your comma? The same thing just happened on my Samsung Note 2: pressed the choices key and then tried to go back to the very useful Comma, and could not locate it. It would be the dumbest thing if they've removed it, as the Samsung keyboard worked so well.:(

PlayableBox

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have 4 NOTE 2 just for me in my job, all form different countries and they are all ok....try to check the language under settings or keyboard that you are using

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello there, it's been a while, as you can see on my screenshot, the kb on my GS5 does have the comma. I just don't remember when I got it or if it was there since I got the phone.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello there, it's been a while, as you can see on my screenshot, the kb on my GS5 does have the comma. I just don't remember when I got it or if it was there since I got the phone.

Whoops! No screenshot on that post for some reason.
Here you go.
1411951031715.jpg

scriptcreative

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone solved this issue? I "long clicked" the comma key to the right of the space key so try out the customization options (voice input in particular). When I was done, my comma was gone! I can only access the custom keys now (handwriting, clipboard, keyboard type, etc). I've tried resetting the keyboard back to default and nothing. It is just simply gone! I use this key a lot, so it's fairly annoying.

duckdoghunter

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. I added the swipe keyboard and my comma came back.
Now if someone can tell me how to add the Inside Out emojis I would mow their lawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20