Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Gio not booting, can't restone Nandroid backup

I've been using CM for a little bit but then my battery would drain very quickly. So I tried flashing stock ROM through Odin. Everything looked fine and then Odin restarted my phone but it would not boot. I flashed CWM recovery and then I tried to recover my Nandroid backup but CWM says "Can't mount /system!". I tried flashing CM again but it wouldn't boot. I tried Advanced Recovery but CWM still can't mount /system. Can someone help me?

Global Posts
    13,570 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Gio not booting, can't restone Nandroid backup

Quote Originally Posted by MachineShot View Post
    I've been using CM for a little bit but then my battery would drain very quickly. So I tried flashing stock ROM through Odin. Everything looked fine and then Odin restarted my phone but it would not boot. I flashed CWM recovery and then I tried to recover my Nandroid backup but CWM says "Can't mount /system!". I tried flashing CM again but it wouldn't boot. I tried Advanced Recovery but CWM still can't mount /system. Can someone help me?
    In Recovery, open the Advanced tab and select "Mount System" then restore the backup or flash the ROM. If that doesn't work, try restoring with to factory with Odin.

Regarding the battery life, it's likely due to a swollen (bad) battery and a replacement should fix that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    In Recovery, open the Advanced tab and select "Mount System" then restore the backup or flash the ROM. If that doesn't work, try restoring with to factory with Odin.

Regarding the battery life, it's likely due to a swollen (bad) battery and a replacement should fix that.
    I don't see a "Mount System" button on CWM recovery. And if you're talking about flashing stock ROM with odin than like I said I tried it already and the phone just doesn't boot

Global Posts
    13,570 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I don't see a "Mount System" button on CWM recovery. And if you're talking about flashing stock ROM with odin than like I said I tried it already and the phone just doesn't boot
    There should be a mount system option somewhere in recovery. I don't have it installed otherwise I'd check exactly where it's located.

If flashing with Odin still isn't working re-download all the files you are trying to flash. If you are boot looping then it should allow you to restore and boot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MachineShot likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    There should be a mount system option somewhere in recovery. I don't have it installed otherwise I'd check exactly where it's located.

If flashing with Odin still isn't working re-download all the files you are trying to flash. If you are boot looping then it should allow you to restore and boot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I found the "mount /system" button but when I press it CWM says "Error mounting /system!"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

OK I got my phone to be working again. All I did is just flashing the stock rom, booting the phone and then getting to recovery and wiping data/factory resetting. I guess I would mess something up because the other times I tried doing this it wouldn't work. So thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

Global Posts
    13,570 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

OK I got my phone to be working again. All I did is just flashing the stock rom, booting the phone and then getting to recovery and wiping data/factory resetting. I guess I would mess something up because the other times I tried doing this it wouldn't work. So thank you for your help! I appreciate it.
    Awesome. Glad to see you got it booted back up.

hi,
    plaese help me i can't mount the system of galaxy gio gt-s5660 in clockworldmod recovery v5.0.2.7.
    thank you