- 1 Posts
Increasing device memory non-frequently asked questions :)
Hi i have a nice quad core cell phone with a really low 4 gbs internal memory and 1 gb ram, distributed as follows:
internal storage memory 1 gb
phone storage 1.5 gb
however using All-in-One tool box it likes to name them as:
Rom 1 gb
SDCard0 1.5 gb
so i managed to buy a new 32 gb sd card and then realized it doesn't change the fact that apps can only install and run only over Rom and SD0 where i further searched and then learnt of Link2SD and RoehSoft Ram Expander as the most popular solutions around forums.
problem is i see all tutorials explaining that Link2SD copy phone memory to a new partition of the physical SD card that i will have to partition into 2 partitions where i am confused by the following questions i need answered to understand:
1-i am to use Link2SD to copy and link which data, Rom or the SDCard0 to the newly created partition?
2-what will happen after the Link, will either Rom or SDCard0 that i will copy will be invisible to the system now and over-ridden or still accessible?
3-Ram Expander disclaimer is that it will shorten physical SD life time, in that case would it be smart to create the swap file on SDCard0 (if still accessable) ?
4-Would downloading new apps still require free space on either Rom or SDCard0 ?
5-if at any time the physical SD card was unmounted will that mean the phone crashes into near factory state or remounting its SD will restore its state ?
thanks in advance guys
- By hachsa in forum HTC One M8Replies: 30Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:39 PM
- By bbnsol in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2014, 06:41 AM
- By Dan Sava in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:00 AM
- By lordbah in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 04-08-2014, 04:09 PM
- By harhis23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2014, 09:14 PM